Campbell Biology (10th Edition)
The Tenth Edition of the best-selling text Campbell BIOLOGY helps launch you to success in biology through its clear and engaging narrative, superior pedagogy, and innovative use of art and photos to promote student learning.
The Tenth Edition helps you develop a deeper understanding of biology by making connections visually across chapters and building the scientific skills needed for success in upper-level courses.
- New Make Connections Figures pull together content from different chapters visually, helping you see "big picture" relationships.
- New Scientific Skills Exercises in every chapter use real data to build key skills needed for biology, including data analysis, graphing, experimental design, and math skills.
- New examples show you how our ability to sequence DNA and proteins rapidly and inexpensively is transforming every subfield of biology.About the AuthorReece has an A.B. in Biology from Harvard University, an M.S. in Microbiology from Rutgers University, and a Ph.D. in Bacteriology from the University of California, Berkeley. She taught biology at Middlesex County College and Queensborough Community College.
Michael L. Cain taught introductory biology and a broad range of other biology courses at New Mexico State University and Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology for thirteen years. He is now writing full time and is affiliated with Bowdoin College in Maine. Dr. Cain has published dozens of scientific articles on topics such as genetic variation in plants, insect foraging behavior, long-distance seed dispersal, and factors that promote speciation in crickets. Dr. Cain is the recipient of numerous fellowships, grants, and awards, including the Pew Charitable Trust Teacher-Scholar Fellowship and research grants from the National Science Foundation.
Robert Jackson is a retired member of the faculty of the Information Systems Department at Brigham Young University. He has researched, published, and taught in the areas of object-oriented systems development, e-commerce, Web systems, project management, and information systems education. Bringing a wealth of real-world business experience and technical expertise to this book, Dr. Jackson is currently self-employed as a principal in several new e-commerce ventures, where he practices firsthand the analysis, design, and business principles presented in the Seventh Edition. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Brigham Young University. --
- Hardcover: 1488 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 10 edition (November 10, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321775651
- ISBN-13: 978-0321775658
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 2 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.9 pounds